Summer is halfway through, and usually by the time August comes around, we can expect camera announcements to start pouring out. However, this year’s PMA trade show has been moved from Fall 2011 to Jan 2012, which might affect some of the new product developments and announcements. Anyways, the rumor mill is alive and kicking, let’s see what the latest fuss is all about…
What may be sad news to some (although still just a rumor of course) is that successor of the 5D line will not come until next year…
- February 2012 earliest announcement date for the 5DIII
- 5D line might be split in two (advanced video vs still models)
- New camera might be slotted between 5D and 1D lines
- EF mount video camera in the works, slated for mid 2012
- New flagship flash with built-in radio technology
- 1DV will mark the amalgamation of the 1D and 1Ds lines
This release date rumor doesn’t much sense to me, considering this is after PMA, but we will see. This is the first “CR2″ rumor in quite some time on the Canon Rumors website. The flash rumor is especially interesting for a company like us who deals in flash technology. There’s also this incredible chess game consisting of Canon and Nikon lenses.
Things are looking a little more concrete in Nikon-land:
- August 24th confirmed for several press events (2 DSLRS rumored)
- GPS to be re-introduced to Coolpix cameras
- New P7100 will pick up a swivel-screen
- A new mysterious telephoto lens has been spotted in the wild
- Nikon mirrorless mount spotted and removed online
Can’t wait until the end of summer to see what pans out!